If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bulky Knit Cowl

I'm not quite off the bulky knits yet. But at least, I put the #50's down and picked up a size a non-crazy person might use. (Nines.)

This is the Repose Cowl, knit with Loops & Threads Charisma in Lakeside. I had a skein of this left over from the Turn the Corner scarf I did at the beginning of the year. One skein was a perfect amount for this, as it turns out.

This is a Drop Rib Stitch, which is an interesting texture on the right side of the work. Look at the way it ladders and retreats, very organic and flowing.

It also looks great on the inside, too. I don't know if they meant to do that or not when they designed the pattern, but hey--it's working double time.

This is a very quick knit and very suitable for Christmas gifting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter