If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Test Knitting

So I'm doing a test knit for a designer in one of my groups. It's a back scrubber, with a Linen Stitch border. Well you know. I've been working on a Linen Stitch cowl, right? Seems like a pretty easy thing.

I thought you might want to take a look at this stitch, up close. It shows up really well in cotton yarn. (This is Sugar N Cream.) It's just a really clever slip stitch, with the yarn on the wrong side of the work, so you get this strand carried along. Once you get the hang of doing it, it's really fast, too.

Linen Stitch =
Row 1 (RS): k1, *sl1 wyif, k1; rep from *
Row 2: k1, p1, *sl1 wyib, p1; rep from *, end k1


Linen Stitch makes a nice, dense fabric, too. It would make a good scarf. It's not very elastic though, so I wouldn't use it on a hat.

This scrubber would make a great gift, too, by the way. I'm not sure when the pattern will be available generally, but I could definitely see these going in gift baskets with a matching cloth and some nice soap. Very spa-like. Or, you know, it's always so difficult to knit for the guys. Do one of these in a manly color and add a manly soap (I don't know. According to the feedback from my guys, manly just means not fancy.) and you'd have a good stocking stuffer for the guys, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter