If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Shopping Trip: Michael's

M and I went to Michael's to look around. It had been a while since I'd been there, so I'm pretty sure Michael's was getting worried about me. In fact, I get a text message a day from Michael's about some deal or another, trying to get my attention.

Oh, Michaels. You don't have to try so hard. I'm never breaking up with you.

Anyway, M wanted to get some log slices and clear sealant for a project she is doing. And I... Well, you know. Any time you want to go to the craft store, call me. I'm game.

I didn't buy anything while I was there because, let's face it. I have so much yarn now that I'm having a little trouble keeping it organized. So, I'm trying to knit the stash down a bit before I buy anything new. (Although, let's be honest. If there's a super good sale, I'm not going to pass that up.)

Michael's has some new yarns in their yarn department. Like these Isaac Mizrahi yarns. They're super bulky and very interestingly colored.

There are also some that have a boucle-like thread wrapped around them, too. But I know better than to walk that path again. I always love the way boucle looks and hate the way it knits. Boucle=swearing.

I also saw some nice self-striping sock yarn, too. I'm not interested in knitting (or wearing) wool socks, as you know, but I really like the self-stripiness of sock yarn. I'd like to do some non-sock project with it, but I'm not sure what it would be.

And, you know. Ahem. I have that aforementioned stash that I need to whittle down first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter