If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Cowl For M

One of the Christmas knits I made for 2015 was a cowl for M. She likes chevron patterns and, while this is not really chevron, it is zigzaggy like chevron, so I was hoping it would appeal.

Plus, she saw this yarn at my house and said she really liked it and wanted a cowl knitted from it. Ha! It was kind of funny, since I'd bought this yarn with her in mind. (Although I didn't know what I was going to make from it at the time.)

This is the Erose Cowl pattern from Goodknits. I used Bernat Felting Natural Wool, which has kind of a roving texture to it. The color is Fresh Poppy.

This yarn is a Super Bulky and I knit this on size 15's, so it worked up pretty quickly. Also, the pattern is pretty easy to memorize, so it's good for some relaxing knitting. If you need a nice gift, this is a good one. You could also cast on fewer stitches and make boot cuffs, or more stitches and make a longer infinity loop. It's pretty versitile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter