If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Another Basket

Yes. I made another basket. I've been on a basket kick. This time, I used some acryllic yarn I've had for a while.

Honestly, I'm not even sure where this yarn came from. It was packed away in a closet for (?) I don't know how long. The box was labelled "Yarn," but not in my handwriting or in anyone's handwriting that I recognize. I don't remember where I got it. Maybe someone gave it to me or I got it at a garage sale? Who knows?

Anyway, I put 4 strands together--three blues and a white yarn that I'm pretty sure is a rug yarn.
I used my trusty Q hook.
I like the way the colors work together to give it a heathered look, don't you? I wanted this one to be a little bigger, so I made a few more rounds to the base than I did on the previous baskets.
So this turned out to be a pretty good sized basket. It fits nicely on the shelf, but it's still the biggest by far of the three I've made.
And, as you can see, there is still more of that yarn left, so I might have to think of something else to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter