If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hello Kitty Hat

Hello Kitty Hat
Need:
Less than one skein of Caron Simply Soft (white) yarn
Very small amounts of pink, black, and yellow yarn
#6 circular needles
#6 straight needles
yarn neeedle for embroidery
Gauge: 5st = 1”
Hat:
  • With circular needles and white yarn, cast on 58 st. Join to work in the round.
  • K1 P1 rib for ½ inch.
  • Change to Stockingette Stitch (All knit) until piece measures 4 ½.
  • Divide stitches onto two needles and weave, using kitchener stitch.
Embroidery:
  • Embroider eyes, nose, and whiskers as in photo.
  • Sew a stitch or two at the base of each ear, for definition.
Bow:
  • With straight needles and pink yarn, cast on 5 stitches.
  • Work in garter stitch for 2 inches.
  • Bind off.
  • Attach bow to hat, using pink yarn to both secure and to draw in middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter