If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Big Damn Kitten Hat

You know he deserves it. He's such a tough guy.

Dr. says he has to stay off that leg. He is still too young to sedate to splint that leg. Growing like a wild thing and still only 19 oz!

Now, I've made several of these. For me. For T. For R. For M. For a couple of friends. But, if ever there was a cat who was gutsy enough for a Jayne Hat, it has to be Achilles.

Take a very small amount of yarn in dark red, pumpkin, and gold. I made up the pattern as I went along...and I wrote it down this time! You see? And they said I couldn't learn nothin'! If I have written my html correctly, you should see a link on the sidebar to the pattern.

In case you want to make your own kitten hat.

Took me about half an hour to knit. Probably would've gone quicker if I had not had so much help.

What is it with cats and yarn, anyway? I imagine a big Cat vs. String Monster War, long before Rise of Man on this planet. Now, that hatred of yarn is part of the cat psyche, part of the collective memories of Cat.

Anyway. Fun to knit. Fun to see the kitten in the hat. Not so much fun to try and put it on him so you can take a picture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww..he's a big damn hero...

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter