If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

More Christmas (Dare I Say?)


Here are a couple more projects… Urban Zen for Jon. (I like the paired twists done without a cable needle, don’t you?) This would have gone a lot quicker, if not for Achilles swiping my circular needle. Still have not found it, but I assume it will be chewed up when I find it (just like my #10 dpn bakelites). So I did replace it in order to continue working on this hat.

Oh, in case you are wondering, that IS Notpatwoman. Remember how long she was missing? Guess where she was? M had her trapped in the trunk of her car, wearing a red bobbed wig. M claims she doesn’t remember putting her there. How twisted is that? Anyway, now Notpatwoman has an irrational fear of red wigs and red cars. Nice going there, M. Scarred my notalterego for life.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah. Christmas.

I made this purse for M. Felted beautifully, and kinda matches the hat/scarf/glittens. (Same colors, just faded.) It's Lion Brand Wool in Flower Garden. The button is very cool. Took me forever to find just the right button. I liked this pattern a lot. It’s Amanda's Squatty Sidekick. I might even do one for myself now that the holidays are over.



I also made this scarf for my boss. It's Yarn Bee Beguile Ribbon in Nocturn carried along with some Moda Dea Dream in Black.



Here’s the Booze Hag liqueur. I made Amaretto (fabulous!) Coffee, and Raspberry. Keeping some of the amaretto for myself. We’ll see how everyone else likes them.


And this… This is something. It was what I got from the White Elephant gift exchange at work. It’s my colleague, Josh. At first I said, “I’m keeping this on my desk, dammit.” Then, I thought, “How much more fun would it be to put Josh on my blog?”

Stay tuned. I have this sneaky feeling some pretty weird things are going to happen to Josh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter