If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Don't Judge Me...

I'm still loyal to Notpatwoman and I have not given up the search. But I had to enlist the help of a couple of others. I've completed several projects and I just can't wait any longer to post them.

So, here is Fusilli Beanie, modelled by Twisted Sister. (Notpatwoman's notsister, not the rock group from the '80s. I don't even know what Dee Snider is up to these days. He stopped speaking to me after what happened in Helsinki.)

Twisted Sister didn't take her name from a MTV icon, anyway. (No matter what you think, Dee. I'm completely over you, you know.) Actually, she got her name because of these markings on her neck. They're teethmarks. Human teethmarks. And not mine, either, Dee, so you can stop telling that story.Freaky!

Anyway, Fusilli by Tarja is knit in Bernat Satin in Forest Mist Heather. Used about half a skein, and it knit in a night.

And here is the hat and scarf to match M's Glovetacular Gloves, modelled by Notpatwoman's other notsister, Sister Sledge. Hat pattern is Boho Beret by Shannita Williams-Alleyne. Made from the same Berella 4 Shabby Chic Ombre as the Glovetacular Gloves. Used #5 and #7 circulars. Pretty quick knit. Used a little less than one 165 yard skein.

Scarf is my own pattern. I didn't really like the one in Creative Knitting that matched the Glovetacular Gloves, so I made my own. It's the same garter rib pattern, knit lenthwise on size 7 needles. Cast on 200 stitches. (Pattern on sidebar.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter