If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year’s Notresolutions

I don’t make resolutions. To me, they’re kinda like life insurance or prenuptial agreements. They pretend to be planning for success, but they are really planning for failure. Look, I know I’m not going to exercise every day or actually keep up with my correspondence or even read half the books on my TBR pile, as much as I may want to.

So I’m not going to make any knitting resolutions. I’m not going to resolve to complete all my UFOs. Not even Chaos. T and I discussed it. It’s not going to happen. And it’s become such an anathema to me now, I may not even use the yarn after I frog it.

I’m not going to resolve to whittle down my stash, either. Jeez, that would be like going on a diet or exercising every day or something! (shudder) Look, I already know I have so much yarn I could knit for the rest of my life and not run out. And yet, I still get all excited when Michael’s announces SWS for $1.50 this week. Am I not supposed to buy SWS for $1.50? Come on!

And make swatches? What? Where’s the fun in that? So much more exciting to just give it your best guess and cast on. That way, 2 inches into the project, you have the opportunity for a little surprise!

I would like to make a little notresolution, though. That would be to document the knitting a little better. Here at the end of the year, as I am really thinking about it, I realize I actually did knit a lot. And finish a lot. (Believe it or not.) I think it would be kinda cool to have some actual record of FOs.

Hm. But where could I document them.....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter