If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow Day. Kinda.

Well, well, well. So the snow was coming down hard, but I still went into work. Hey, I lived for a long time in the Great Lakes Region, where it snows 12" a pop. There was only an inch and a half on the ground this morning. I don't even shovel the driveway for and inch and a half.

But, it did get worse pretty rapidly, so at noon, they were sending us home. Mainly, I think so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic at 5 when it was really bad. This is the scene leaving my building at noon. I think if you study this picture you will see why no one in Indiana knows how to drive on snow. No one in Indiana apparently knows you have to clear the roads.

Here's another look from the road. Don't worry. You can take a picture while you are driving, if no one is around. BTW, this is why I hate snow. And it's why I hate it when people say "Oh I hope it snows. It's so pretty when it snows." Is this pretty?

Another reason I hate snow is all the asshole drivers on the road. Look, even if you are driving a truck, you still can't go 60 mph on the snow. And you can't be riding people's asses, terrorizing them by revving your engine (which makes your back end fishtail all over the road, btw), trying to make them speed up. And, if you are so terrified of driving on the snow that you have to go 7 mph, park your car and ride the effing bus, dumbass. You are making the road unsafe for everyone. (Mainly because the asshole behind you keeps revving his engine and fishtailing his back end.)

Got behind both of these people today. That's why my mood is so cherry.

Safe at home. M's car is burried. And where the hell is my driveway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter