If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Letter From AW

My Dearest Patwoman,

Summer is drawing to a close, My Darling, and all around the signs of approaching autumn are making themselves known. Summer gardens which just a few short weeks ago were abundant with fruit--sweet, delicious, juicy fruit that seemed as if it would never run out--now slow their progress (as if the journey were as important as the destination, finally!). And though the early fruit is but a sweet memory, I am reminded that the garden still has much to offer a clever harvester.

For in its youth, a garden may produce dozens of, say, zucchini--so much zucchini, in fact, that one begins to wonder if zucchini is the only thing the garden may offer. And then you may notice, Dearest Patwoman, that your garden--while never having any shortage of zucchini, mind you--has also produced such sweet, long-ripening delicacies as pumpkins, turnips, and other even larger, sweeter fruits that maybe you don't get as often, but they're still really, really good. Fruits that any girl would be happy to have because, after all, it's quality over quantity. You know I'm right.

And, my Foxy Feline, don't ever forget that pumpkin can be prepared in many, many different ways--pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin seeds. (Even the seeds are good, mi corazon! The seeds!)

But I digress. The point, my Tasty Temptress, is that though the season has changed for both of us, there is still fruit on the vine. Ripe fruit. Take my word for it.

Yours, as always,

AW

***

Sweet Adam,

Wait. What? Is that some sort of symbolism? I understood, basically, none of that. Except, maybe... You want to do something with fruit?

Hm.

Call me.

Love, Patwoman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter