If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not Knitting... Fusing Glass


How awesome is this? I got my fused dichroic glass pendants back from kilning baking firing. The ladies at the CATS (Creative Arts Teaching Seminars) did a great job teaching us all how to do this. The girls and I had a lot of fun learning to do this and will probably do it again next year.


M was crazy with the glass cutters, too. It was almost scary how much she enjoyed cutting glass. We sat on opposite sides of the work table and every now and then, a bit of glass would come flying over at me. (Good thing I was wearing my glasses, for a change.)

I really enjoyed both times I worked with glass. Remember last year, M and I made glass frit trees? These are the same ladies who taught that class.

I think it's really cool how this

becomes this

and then this

with some strategic glass cutting and placement and the application of heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter