If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, August 08, 2011

GenCon 2011 Recap (Part 1)

I have returned from GenCon! What a great week it was! Of course, you know that I look forward to this con all year. But, unlike most things we (as people) look forward to, GenCon doesn't disappoint. I haven't seen any numbers yet, but I'm pretty sure, just by talking to vendors and organizers, this is the biggest year, yet.

It's the first year in the new Indianapolis Convention Center. (It's also in the old part, too, so it's pretty much doubled in square footage.) I must say, this is a very pretty venue. Sadly, I didn't take any pix from the outside, I guess because I pass this building every week day and just didn't think about it. But, for those of you who haven't seen it, the facade is smooth glass, with a slight curve. That curve is evident on the inside. No sharp angles, all very smooth. Of course, I didn't think to take any pix of that, either. Instead, I chose to take a picture of the other hallway, the one that is actually straight.

This pic is from Wednesday morning, before the con officially started. T and I were there for Trade Day and wandered around a bit. There were a lot of con-goers there, already. Some were picking up badges (we picked up badges for R, M, Eric, and Sharon at the Will Call on Wednesday morning and waited only about 40 minutes in line. We saw some people we know waiting in line on Wednesday afternoon who had been there for a couple of hours.

Costumes are one of the best things about GenCon. And no, I didn't go in a costume, but it looks like a lot of fun, doesn't it?

I also ran into an old friend. A very (over 900 years) old friend.

And some of his friends. (This is what I call a pair of docs paradox

And, an old enemy.

Played a lot of games and saw some really funny movies, that I will be updating on here soon. Met a lot of really nice people--always do. I also did some crafting, too. I can't wait to show you that. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter