If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Not Knitting (Gencon Edition)

If you've never been to Gencon, you probably don't realize how much craftiness is going on there. People make costumes, game terrain, games, banners, jewelry, minis, and more. That's not to mention all the straight-up knitting, crocheting, beading, glass work, wire work, chain mailling, and painting that are part of the event programming. One thing I always do is the Paint And Take.

Basically, a bunch of companies donate minis, paints, and other supplies for this event. Then people like me can go sit down and paint a mini, free of charge. It's a nice break from walking around, and it gives you a chance to sit and just focus in on your thoughts as you paint. They also have people there to give you painting tips and help out, but I usually prefer to just paint without chatting.

As you can see, I'm not especially good at it--in terms of not getting the paint everywhere. But my way of thinking is, so what if I get arm color on the cloak? I'll just paint the cloak after the arm and then no one will even know.

I'm pretty happy with that hair, though. I went totally Van Gogh and just started mixing colors and putting down layers. That hair has a lot of depth to it, let me tell you.

Sadly, I took all these pix with my iPhone, so you can't really get a good look at the paint job. Oh wait. You can't get a good look at the paint job, can you? Oh, well, then. It's a fantastic paint job. The best you've ever seen. The forest green cloak, the saphire blue dress, the saucy red hair. You're amazed. I can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter