If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not Knitting

Welcome back to another episode of Swearing With Patwoman, or as I sometimes call it: Beading Night.

Let me ask you a question. What do you think happens when you don't plan? Like, when you just pick up the beads and start stringing with no thought of Hey, maybe I don't have enough beads to do a whole necklace like this. Or Hey, maybe I should lay this out to see what it looks like first so I don't have to dump all the beads I've strung and start over once I get to within three inches of the end and realize I don't have enough damn bugle beads to finish in the established pattern. What do you think happens then?

So, after I got to within three inches of the end and realized I didn't have enough bugle beads to finish in the established pattern, I had to dump all my work and start over.

Sadly, I had not learned my lesson yet and ended up dumping that experiment, too.

But then, I did this, which I like best of all. (And not just because I didn't have to start over.) I added some seed beads to the mix and the pendant with some seed/bugle bead danglies. I think it looks kind of primitive and earthy.

And no, I didn't plan ahead with that one, either. I just got lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter