If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Patwoman KIPs

I've been watching a lot of Discovery Channel lately. And Science Channel. You know that deep down, I'm kind of a secret Sci-Geek, right. (Okay, it's not so secret.) I've been fascinated with anything with Dr. Michio Kaku, actually. He's my new awesome hero.

Apparently, he recently appeared at a con or two and spoke about things like FTL travel and warp drives and transporters and the like. I wish he'd been/will be at any of the cons I go to. I would love to ask him a ton of questions. (If anyone sat in on one of those seminars, lmk. I'd love to hear about it.) I'm intrigued by the whole philosophy of physics, although I don't claim to understand very much of it.

T and I actually had a discussion the other night, where I admitted that I had no real concept of how big the universe is, because once you get beyond a certain point, the basis of comparison becomes unreal to me. So, the size of the universe (and let's not even take into consideration its continual expansion) is, literally, bigger than I can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter