If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, October 17, 2011

What Is It Will Not Be Seen Tonight

So that we can bring you this special presenation...

Remember when we were talking about chicken sweaters? Remember how cute that was? Well, today I saw a post on the Rav forums about penguin sweaters. Penguin sweaters!

So yeah, okay. I understand that pengies are birds and they get damaged from oil spills and that's why they need the sweaters. This really is a serious thing, folks. I can't tell you how terrible I feel for the poor birds who are being poisoned in their own habitat. Makes me sick.

I clicked over to the linked article to find out exactly what was going on with these penguins and what to do to help. And, if you want to read about it too, here is the link. (It says Spring because it's Spring in NZ, btw.) There is a pattern for a penguin sweater and an address to send it to. But, the penguin in that pic is a stuffed pengie. So I contacted my good friend, Professor Google.

And oh. My. God. I almost lost my effing mind, they're so cute.

Again, I'm not trying to be flip about such a serious thing, but please let penguins wear sweaters all the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter