If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, October 14, 2011

I Love Yarn Day

Like I needed an excuse! Ha!

When I told T about this sacred holiday he smirked, "Sounds like a made up holiday to me." Blasphemer!

But seriously, I have no idea what you're supposed to do on I Love Yarn Day. I'm not sure how one could celebrate Yarnlove more or differently than I do every day.

Yeah, I keep the faith.

But, you know, I'm game. So I thought, let's celebrate this bitch. And I went to the LYS. My LYS is Starstruck Cat Studio, btw. There are others, but this is closest and Jill is super nice.

Anyway, it seemed like a good excuse opportunity to buy some nice dark navy blue wool, so I did. Beautiful Cascade Superwash for my super-special hat. No more putting it off.

T, good sport that he is, was perfectly willing to help me celebrate further. There was some Cascade Jewels on display by the register that I was looking at (and touching. You know I always look with my fingers, too.) and he was like, "Let's get that, too."

But, as much as I would like to take advantage of that, I had to decline. Not because I don't want more yarn or that I can't take any more yarn celebration, but because I was afraid that I might not cast on for the hat if I had the Jewels.

Sad but true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter