If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Happy (Work) Anniversary To Me!

Today I celebrated 5 years with the company. Technically, I guess the 1st was my anniversary. Do you remember when I was looking for a job, close to the beginning of this blog? (I started working about 6 months before that, but was not a FTE until October 1.)

Anyway, those are all technicalities. What matters is that it was a really nice day. My manager, my district manager, and the manager of the office I am physically located in and I all went to lunch at McCormick and Schmick.

Posh. And look at this menu:

I was also treated to delicious brownies

And received this lovely gift.

And check it out. Is that not completely awesome? I love it! I put it on the living room table so I can look at it when I'm working on the laptop. It's very conducive to writing, I've found.

On those occasions when I struggle for the words, my gaze goes to the crystal ball and I space out a little bit--in a totally good and not at all weird way--until I know where I'm going with that particular scene.

T's been calling it The Eye of Sauron (because we're both nerds and that made me laugh), but I figure, if Sauron wants to try and Incept me, he's welcome to try. He'll get caught inside the cobwebs of my head.

And then, where will he be? That's right. Caught in cobwebs. And I'll be staring at my crystal ball, thinking up wonderful words to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter