If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Doctor Knits

Imagine my delight when watching the season ender of Doctor Who...
I've heard all these horror stories about how the BBC gets all hinky with people knitting Doctor Who-themed items, or creating patterns for Adipose or Ood, or whatever. But then, they put something like this in the show and I just have to think they know.

They know that all us knitting fangirls out there all bust our fingers cranking out a new scarf like The Doctor's (even if it's only on screen for a few seconds in one Christmas Special) or fingerless gloves or a sweater worn by one of The Doctor's companions. So you know they know we just go squee! when we see something like this.

Personally, I think it's likely the Doctor Knits himself. I mean, really. He's been around for over 900 years. Plus he has a time machine and no job, so he has pretty much an unlimited amount of free time. Is it likely there's anything he hasn't at least tried?

It is nice, though, when the writer/director/set designer/actor (whoever said "and The Doctor will be sitting there, reading Knitting For Girls") throws an obvious nod to the fans. Pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter