If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Graph Mania

I never really like making knitting graphs. I mean, sometimes you just can't avoid it. Sometimes, it's really the only way to get what you want out of the yarn. But I just don't find that part of the process fun.

Maybe because I always forget--is it that knit stitches are wider than they are tall, or taller than they are wide? I'll tell you something for free: it makes a difference.

Anyway, given that I dislike graphing so much, is it strange that more than half of the knitting I do for Christmas will involve graphing? And not just that. I will be creating the graphs myself. Why do I do that?

Oh yes, it's because it's so much fun to see the "picture" appear as you knit it. That's always a magical moment. Particularly when you are knitting words.

When I did M's Police Line Scarf last year, it was always fun to challenge myself to knit to the E or knit to the NOT. And the EXTERMINATE Scarf for R? Let me tell you, if I had a dollar for every time I knit EXTERMININATE...

Still, I'm very excited about this year's projects. They are all designed specifically for their recipients. Well, designed, in that I will be graphing all this out eventually. Right now I'm starting on the 2nd graphing project.

This is the hard part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter