If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not Knitting - Scrabble Tile Jewelry

Lookit! I've been wanting to try Scrabble tile jewelry for a while now. Okay, I did try it once before, but the results of my previous effort were not so great. Never let it be said, however, that I can't learn anything.

I learned:

1) Printing the graphics on photo paper was probably not the best way to do it. Photo paper was too thick, did not trim very well with the tools I had, and ended up shrinking, even after it was sealed.

2) Seal the pictures completely. They will bleed if you don't. They will sometimes bleed as you are trying to seal them. It's tricky. I may not do anything red ever again, just because red tends to bleed. (Not ironically.)

3)Patience is key. Everything has to dry before you move on. Everything has to dry before you move on. (I said it twice, because there were a couple of occasions when I jumped the gun.)

So, here is my new experiment:

Drinking Cat for me. Achilles for M. Sunflower for Sharon.

Outside of the 3 things listed above, it's a very easy process: Scrabble tile + small printed image + Mod Podge + Dimensional Magic = Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter