If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's Patwoman Up To Now?

Now that the sweatshop season Christmas knitting is over, I'm feeling a little itchy to do some smallish things. Especially since everyone has already mentioned that they would like 2012 to be The Year Of The Afghan.

So I thought... why don't I do one of those spirally ruffly scarves? I see those everywhere. Like, every muthuhknittah has cranked out one of those, you know? So, seriously... How hard could it be?

Yeah.

Let's think this through. You know what makes that great spirally ruffle? Increasing the stitches every other row. Yeah. So, you may start out with 180 stitches. But by Row 8, you've got 2880 stitches on your needle and it looks like this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter