If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

Remember The Color Block Scarf?

The one I started January 2010? Hey, don't bash me on it. It was supposed to be knit from leftover yarn. It took me a while to get that much leftover yarn.

No pattern. Just cast on some stitches on #8s. Knit in garter stitch. Changed yarn when I ran out or just felt like it. This went super fast and then I put it down for a long time... and kind of forgot about it.

Then, Sharon and I were talking about the 4th Doctor scarf and how it was made (the story about the woman who just took all the skeins of yarn and knitted until she ran out). And she said she really liked that scarf. So tonight, when I pulled this UFO out of the pile and started another color, she remarked on how much it kind of looked like a 4th Doctor scarf.

Not really. But she's not really a Whovian, so I let it slide. We'll get her watching the Doctor and then we'll correct her later.


Here it is, finished. This looked pretty good, as it was, all color blocked and all. But it needed a little something... But what? A fringe? Maybe.

A braided fringe? Achilles, that's genius!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter