If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Shopping Trip

I'm a little disappointed in the after-Christmas sales this season. I mean, here it is, January, already. The sales should be much better. Those light-up candy canes should be 75% off, not 50% off. New York & Co. should have something in the store to exchange for the the blouse I got that doesn't fit. And JoAnn and Michael's should be putting some of that surplus yarn on sale instead of just letting sit in those cardboard box bins in the aisles.

Ah well. I don't actually have to buy yarn every time I leave the house, you know. Sometimes I can just look.

And look at this! It's Red Heart's Boutique Sashay . It's a mesh yarn, similar to a couple of others I've seen around. I'm going to try working with a yarn like that, soon. I find it a very interesting technique.
You know the technique, right? You stick your needle into the mesh at intervals, gathering the mesh and creating a ruffle every time you draw a loop up.



A little of this goes a long way, though. Like this bag with a bit of ruffle is pretty much perfect usage. But, I have to admit, I really like this completely ruffled scarf. (Both from the Red Heart website.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter