If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, January 06, 2012

Friday UFO: Tasseled Hood

Indiana winters are usually really cold, at least part of the time. And there's usually a good deal of snow. I say usually, because it's been unusually warm this winter. Today was 60 degrees. In freaking January.

WTF?

If this were a normal January, this hood would be extremely useful. Keep your neck warm. Keep you ears warm. Cover your head so it doesn't get wet from snow (or so that you won't lose 90% of your body heat, like your mom always says you will)without flattening your hair and giving you hat head.


This is the Tasseled Hood from the Lion Brand website. Works up very quickly with 2 skeins Wool-Ease Thick & Quick and big needles. (I used size 11.)The color is Pumpkin, a nice...uh, pumpkiny...shade of orange that Meg picked out a while back and said "Make me something from this."


It's not quite finished yet. All the knitting is done, but the hood needs to be attached to the scarf portion. And, of course, it wouldn't be a tasseled hood without tassels, right?

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter