If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, January 09, 2012

Marvelous Ms. Foxy!

This is M in her Marvelous Ms. Fox hat. I knitted this for Christmas. It's really the Fantastic Mr. Fox pattern by Faye. But the Marvelous Ms. M deserves a marvelous hat, am I right?

I followed the pattern as written. (I know, right? You're thinking "Who are you and what have you done with Patwoman?") But I did sub out the yarn. I couldn't find LB Homespun in Saffron anywhere. I guess I could have ordered it, but I wanted to get started on this right away. I briefly considered LB Homespun in Wildfire, but that also had a green thread in it. (And nobody wants a zombie fox.) So I subbed LB Thick & Quick in Spice.

Good sub, too. T&Q gave the right gauge. It also gave the hat a smoother look than the Homespun, but that's okay. I rather liked it.

I also subbed LB Homespun Deco for the inner ear, since I had some of that leftover from a previous project. Oh, and I subbed LB Wool-Ease for the dark brown bits and the tassels.

So, yeah. Well, I guess I didn't do this one quite as written at all.

Wiseman: When you removed the book from the cradle, did you speak the words?
Ash: Yeah, basically.
Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words?
Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.


It's a fun hat. A fun knit. Really, the only fiddly bit is getting the ears on straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter