If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spirally Goodness


Last week I showed you what too many 2880 stitches on a circular needle look like. And, while I would love to save this for Friday's FO, I want to show you what those stitches look like off the needle.

Here's my Spiral Scarf. Or ruffle scarf. Or potato chip scarf. Or whatever you've heard them called. Seems like every knitter in the world has knit something like this scarf. Now I have one too.

I'm not sure what happened to Lola's left arm, btw. I didn't even notice it was missing until after I took the picture. I must have dropped it when I moved her to the dining room for this pic. Sorry, Lola.

This is done in Patons Glittallic in Black Tinsel. I used about 2 1/2 skeins of it. It's a furry novelty yarn, with a strand of silver ribbon and some bits of black glittery ribbon running through it. So it's fun.

My stance on novelty yarn like this is, either use it as an accent only--a bit of fun at the edge of a scarf or a purse--or go big all the way. I mean, seriously. This scarf is ruffly and spirally. You really do need to use a novelty yarn.

I am keeping this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter