If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Advent Ornament: Wreath

Here is the latest ornament for the Advent Garland. A sparkly green wreath.

This is actually #13 on Frankie Brown's Advent Garland. But I felt like knitting this tonight.

Actually, it's a very quick knit. Like 30 minutes quick. Or less. I don't know. I was watching Supernatural at the time. You know I loves me some Winchester Brothers.

I didn't add the beads to this wreath, as in the pattern, because I felt that, with the sparkly yarn, it would just be overkill. I made a crochet red chain and tied it into a bow and then sewed it on the wreath instead of doing it the way the pattern suggests.

See how I treat patterns? They're suggestions.

I also had an unconventional way of blocking this wreath, to give it that nice "O" shape.

That's right. I'm a Pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter