If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 25, 2013

FO: Advent Ornament #5

This is actually called Advent Ornament #19, but it's my fifth one.

It's a quick, easy knit. Of course, like all the others, I knit it in worsted weight scraps.

It's a Christmas cracker, which is apparently a thing. I had only heard of Christmas crackers from my exposure to British television shows on PBS as a teenager. Otherwise, I might have been completely ignorant until the internet came along.

I think it's only fair that I point out that I had never actually seen a Christmas cracker, only heard it mentioned. So for a long time, I thought they were talking about actual crackers. Like the kind you serve with cheese.

Alternately, I knew that Brits called cookies biscuits. So maybe what we call biscuits were crackers to the English? I don't know. I was growing up in a small, backwater town in the middle of middle America--or as I like to say, Darwin's Waiting Room. What the hell did I know?

Anyway. I liked this pattern pretty well. I think I will make a few more of these to go into R & M's heirloom ornament box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter