If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

FO: Stone Cozy Wool Cowl

I just couldn't go on any longer with no FOs. It was really getting me down.

So, while M and I were out cruising the Presidents' Day Sales yesterday, I got some big yarn so I could put something into the 'win' column for this month. M picked out some lovely Loops & Threads Cozy Wool--a 50% wool/50% acrylic blend in a pale, dusty blue color called Stone. It's a super bulky yarn, so it knits up quickly.

Then, of course, I spent an hour looking for the proper needles. This time, however, it was not my fault. Do you have size 13 dpns? I did have size 15 and size 17 circulars, but those didn't give me a good fabric when I knitted. And I have size 10 dpns, but that was too tight.

So, in true Goldilocks form, I just decided to knit it flat on straight 13's and then just seam the back. And that was just right.

This is the Red Rasta Cowl from eweknit. But, of course, it's not red. And it's not made from Rasta. So I guess mine would be more accurately named Stone Cozy Wool Cowl.

If you have people on your holiday list you want to knit something quick for--this is it. It took maybe 90 minutes and 90 yards of yarn. I recommend it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this pattern. I used size 10.5 US and cast on 52 stitches. It didn't take 90 min but I finished this in about 6 hrs and I am a new knitter

9:53 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Congrats on your FO! This is a great pattern for a new knitter. There's so much texture and warmth.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter