If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Goodwill Hunting: Pre Yarn

One thing I always look for at Goodwill are sweaters that can be frogged for their wool. In case I run out of yarn.

What? Oh sorry. What was I saying? I was laughing so hard...

Oh yes, wool sweaters. Or, as I like to call them, Pre Yarn.

I've been buying some wool sweaters to frog because I really want to try my hand at dyeing wool. I have some dyes that I've been waiting to use. I've got mostly white or cream colored sweaters, but I also have this lovely blue-green one to try to over dye. (I know! I'm crazy like that!)

Sadly, the camera did not pick up the shiny, pearly bits in that blue yarn. It doesn't look so pale and pastel in real life.

I also would like to do some felt projects. I like the look and feel of felt hats and purses, so I think I might try some of those. The ones I've done in the past have been knitted and felted, but I kind of like the idea of felting a sweater, then cutting and sewing it like fabric.

This is a sweater I felted, but I'm not sure what to do with. I love the color. And, even though the lovely moss stitch felted away a little, it still has some nice texture. And I'd like to incorporate the buttons into the project. Just not sure how.

Ah well. That's what the internet is for, right? Looking for ideas you can copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter