If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, February 08, 2013

UFO Friday... Just Like Always

I've accomplished no knitting this week. I am officially a Knit-Slacker.

I don't mean to imply that the knitting is something that must be done, a chore to get out of the way. Not like thinking, apparently. I say this because I had a conversation with a truck driver recently that went something like this:

Patwoman: So what do you do for hours on end with no one to talk to?

Trucker: I get a lot of thinking done.

Patwoman: Sure, I understand that. I have a friend who is a trucker and he actually writes a novel, using a digital recorder. Do you do something like that?

Trucker: No. I just think.

Patwoman: What do you think about?

Trucker: I've got a lot of thinking to do. I get a lot of thinking done on the road.

Patwoman: Like decisions you have to make?

Trucker: No, just thinking.

Patwoman: Like things you have to do?

Trucker: No, just thinking.

Patwoman: Like imagining stuff?

Trucker: No, just thinking.

Patwoman: Like abstract thought on social or political ideals?

Trucker: No, just thinking.

Patwoman: I'm not sure I would have enough things to think about.

Trucker: Well, I get a lot of thinking done.

Patwoman: Do you have some sort of quota of thoughts you have to make each day? What do you do when you've accomplished all your thinking for the day? Can you think some of the next day's thoughts?

Yeah, the knitting is nothing like that. Hm. Maybe I shouldn't focus on the FO's so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter