If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Robo Friend

So sorry I missed this on Indiegogo. Although, I'm sure I would not be able to come up with all the funds they were missing on this project.

I'm shocked that they weren't able to fund this project. The idea was to give a robot the intelligence of a 3-year-old and then also give it the ability to learn from there. I think this is a really cool idea and has a lot of implications not only for the field of robotics, but also to help understand human learning and diseases which attach that part of the brain.

Maybe the project was not articulated well enough. Maybe they dumbed it down too much to make it seem worthwhile?

Or can it be that people are worried about some sort of Robopocalypse? That seems so foolish to worry about, doesn't it? Everyone knows it will be the zombies that take us out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter