If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Another UFO

Ha. That's my joke. Because it's a Tardis. A UFO. Get it?

Okay, so you can't really tell this is a Tardis. That's okay. It's not even really a Tardis. It's one cuff of one Tardis mitt. And I'm probably going to frog it anyway.

I used this pattern for Tardis Wristwarmers as a base pattern. My plan is to make a couple of modifications.

First, I'd definitely adding a thumb gusset to these. I really dislike the fingerless gloves that have no thumb. (I know that, technically, the thumb is a finger, but still...) And, I'm also thinking these need to be full-on mittens. Either that, or convertible mittens.

Also, the mitts in this pattern are both the same. I think I will flip the intarsia on one of them so that there is a left and a right.

The pattern is pretty quick to knit, I think. It's very straight-forward. And I went down in needle size and was able to get gauge just fine. The only issue I have with these is that the 2 X 2 ribbing just doesn't seem to pull in enough. It seems pretty loose around my wrist. So I think I will have to rip all of this out and go to a 1 X 1 rib on the cuff. That ought to do it, I think.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter