If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Stocking Progress!

The leg is completed and the heel is turned. I am now on the final stretch of this knitting adventure.

As I mentioned before, I've adapted this pattern somewhat. The beads, of course. I just couldn't make the small ones go on the worsted weight yarn. It was hard enough to push these along the strand.

But, I've also left out some of the design elements of the stocking. The loops of beads around the cuffs just seemed too much for this stocking--at least, with the larger beads. And the beaded portion of the stocking foot. I think it looks just fine with just the cuff and leg beaded. In fact, I think I like it this way better.

Of course, now I've got a crap-ton of beads left over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter