If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Still Not Right

Argh. So I didn't like the way the 2 X 2 rib didn't pull in enough on these Tardis Mitts. I ripped it all out and decided to reknit the cuff portion in 1 X 1 rib.

But, as you can see, that's even worse. I need to lose a lot of stitches here or else I will have a mitt that will fly off the hand every time the wearer gives a Top Gun High Five.

So, back to the drawing board. I've ripped it out and cast on again with fewer stitches. Maybe too few, who knows. But this is looking about right, really. And I've gone back to 2 X 2 rib on fewer stitches. So far, so good. But, now the issue will be that the stitch count is so far off the charts will have to be re-done.

Ha! So, so far I am changing the needle size, the number of stitches, the thumb, the charts, construction (in the round), and the fact that these will be mittens instead of fingerless gloves. That's all. So, actually, I'm not even knitting this pattern at all any more.

This is more of an "inspired by" thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter