If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

I Called It!

Yeah, so picking up stitches with a fuzzy yarn is not fun.

I'm using this Red Heart Symphony yarn because it matches so perfectly with the Wool Ease Chunky. And I'm using it double stranded, as the pattern calls for. (Coincidentally, the pattern calls for another yarn named Symphony, with the same type of fuzziness.) It seems to be a really good substitution.

But, you know, fuzzy yarn wants to stick to itself. So first of all, there's no coming out of the skein smoothly. You get big, small, and medium size wads of yarn. Usually, you can just shake out the strand, but sometimes... It's a little tricky.

Secondly, fuzzy yarn wants to stick to itself. So you really have to watch your working yarn to make sure you aren't knitting with three strands or four... Ask me how I know.

And thirdly, fuzzy yarn wants to stick to itself. So there's no fast knitting here.

Still, it's all garter stitch. So there's no pattern to worry about. And, it does look really good. And it's soft. And the fuzziness is a big plus on the leg of slippers. And, this yarn is a great match for the foot yarn.

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it, but I wouldn't want to use it for every project. So, I'm going to give this portion of the slipper an 85, Dick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter