If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Christmas Star

This is a very cute little ornament. It's a Frankie Brown pattern and you know I love her stuff. This one actually goes to the Advent Garland that I made last year. (Advent Garland 21, Star) I never got around to knitting this one. I don't know why. It's super easy, like all Frankie's patterns, and it's really pretty.

The only mods I made on this were 1) used worsted weight instead of fingering because I wanted it to match the other ornaments for size and 2) used beads instead of buttons for decorations (and moved the beads to the tips of the points instead of the middle). I really like these mods. So much, in fact, that I need to make a couple more of these. I've got a ton of beads like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter