If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, March 02, 2015

Fast FO: Black And Blue

Did I show you these #50s R and Bre got me a while back? Really nice wooden ones. You know I love the feel of thick wood in my hand.

What? That's not dirty. I was talking about knitting needles.

Anyway, one of the best things to do with these bigass needles is to knit something with a million strands. It just comes out so highly textured and thick. So I decided to put some yarns together and make a quick-knit scarf. Here's what I used:

  • Two strands of Bernat Max in Blues. I have a bunch of this super bulky thick and thin yarn that I've never known exactly what to do with. It's discontinued now.
  • One strand of Yarn Bee Airy in Royal. This is a partial sken from a while back. Also a discontinued yarn.
  • One strand of I Love This Yarn in Black.
  • One strand of Vanna's Choice in White.

So that's 5 strands of yarn. It's a thick scarf. Maybe too thick. But I'm not one of those people who love the winter, you know. I'm a delicate hot house flower. I don't want to feel the chill of wind on my neck at all.

Is it too much?

Yeah. It's too much, right? Don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter