If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 15, 2016

FO: Striped Hat

  I had some of the red yarn left over from the Baby Cables Hat (Red Heart Soft in Wine) and some more dark charcoal color yarn. (A different yarn, though. No label any more, so who knows?) I wasn't sure I had enough of the red to make a whole hat, though, and I wanted to do something to stretch out that red (but also accent it). So I decided to stripe the hat with the grey.

The trick is, I made random stripes. I placed them randomly, and they are between 1 and 6 rows tall.

Otherwise, this is a basic, 1X1 rib hat, with some K2tog decreases at the top. Easy, peasy, mac n cheesey. I'd say I used less than half a skein of the red and maybe an ouce of the grey.

This hat will become a donation hat. I want to do some more donations this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter