If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Cast Iron Mayhem

Look at what happened! Damn it! 

I washed my large cast iron skillet, dried it with a towel, and then put it on the burner on low heat to fully dry it. No sooner had I put it on, when there was a loud bang. I seriously thought it was a gunshot and I dropped to the floor. (No one gets the drop on me.)

Turns out, my skillet cracked. It cracked! I know you can't see this well in this photo, but when it first happened, the crack was about 1/8 of an inch wide.

Damn it. This was not only my largest cast iron skillet, but it was one of my mom's and so it was about 50 years old. That sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter