If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Refashioning Attempt

I love all those Pinterest things where people take an item of clothing and then refashion it into something completely awesome. I think it's really cool and creative. So I thought I might give it a try.

Yes, it's a male mannequin. I'm not sure
where the female torso is, since the move.
I actually had to buy another seam ripper.
That's another thing I can't find since moving.
Here's a pretty, sheer blouse with gold print I got for almost nothing at Goodwill. I love the fabric, and I've been looking for something like this. But I don't love the long sleeves. It looks a little dated to me.

What I'd like to do is take the sleeves off and wear this over a camisole. It shouldn't be too hard, right?




This is work for younger eyes than mine.
So, I started off thinking I would undo the arm seam and take the sleeves off neatly. But then I realized the finishing on the sleeves didn't work that way. I would end up taking of the sleeves and then having to refinish the armhole.

Too much work.

Scissors go much faster.
So, I got out my trusty scissors and started cutting. Mwah-ha-ha! Not only does it go much quicker than picking it out stitch by stitch, but it leaves that nice finished seam in place.

Once the sleeves were off, I went back with the scissors and cleaned up that edge a little. Still, it way way quicker than picking out the seam and looks great.

Here's the finished blouse. T and I had a little photo session in the living room.

Looks good, right?

Just not sure what to do with my hands.

"Are you taking pictures? Wait! I'm not ready!"
I need to come up with something really
jazzy to do with my hands.

What would Christie Brinkley do with
her hands in this situation?
Finally, I settled on Kevin from Home Alone.
It suits me better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter