If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Caron Cakes

Looks a bit like sushi, doesn't it?
Whoo hoo! Take a look at this lovely yarn. It's Caron Cakes. It's a beautiful yarn, dyed in chunks to give it that pretty colorblock effect. And it's soft. Soft like Caron Soft, only not as splitty and floppy. (I think it must be plied tighter.)

It's 80% acryllic and 20% wool, and the label says handwash, lay flat to dry. But you know me. There is never going to come a day where I hand wash a blanket. That 80/20 split is the same as a bunch of other yarns that I always machine wash/dry, with no ill effect.

And there is a lot of yarn here. 383 yards per cake. So now the hard part is, what to do with it?

What do you think I should knit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter