If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Shark Attack!

Not a real shark attack. That would be terrifying. That's actually reason number one that Patwoman doesn't go in the ocean--because sharks live there.
via GIPHY
That's a big nope from me.

Seriously. You want to know how to keep from being shark food? Don't go where they eat. I stay out of the ocean and that makes me pretty much 100% impervious to shark attack.

Except this kind. I made two of these for Christmas presents for R and for my SIL.

It's Shark Attack Blanket by Kari Provencher. Knitted in Bernat Blanket (With some glow-in-the-dark thread for highlights on the eyes, because I'm super clever).

These blankets are very soft. Like Cat Magnet soft.  I basically couldn't keep cats off of it while I was knitting.

I liked how quickly this knit up. I can't say I'm a huge fan of sewing all those pieces on. But, you know. You gotta do what you gotta do.

This was a pretty good pattern, really. It only took longer to do for me because I was doing adult sized afghans. But I think you could do a kid sized one pretty quickly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter