If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

I Know What You're Thinking...

... A FINISHED OBJECT????

Yes, that's right! Slap my ass and call me Sally! I finished something! It's the Aqua Tank. I punked out on the tank part, because of the whole bra strap issue, and because I wanted something that didn't look all hootchie when I took off my jacket. So, may I present The Aqua Shell.

Made from about 3 1/2 balls of Dollar Tree "Confetti" yarn at a 5st=1" guage, with my own pattern. The neck started out as your basic u-neck, but I left the stitches live around the edge so I could add the floppy funnel neck. (You know how I hate to pick up stitches.)

The texture is somewhat crunchy, but softer than you might think. It actually prompted some people to ask me if they could touch. Ha!

I wore it to work on Friday (with khakis and a jacket) and then out later (with jeans) and got quite a few compliments. Blamey tried it on and it looked great over her black tank and black pants. Very clubby. It's all Stockingette Stitch, you know, but the yarn really adds texture.

The main issue I have with this top is that it molds itself to you. Not really in a good way, either. Like, when I took it off and handed it to Blamey, it still had my shape. Of course, once she put it on, it took her shape. But, you know.

Hopefully there will be more FO's to come. However, I picked up the Ribbon Top the other night and noticed I had dropped a stitch... somewhere.

@#!@#$^&@*!!!

Ah well. If I can't find it, you probably won't either. I will just mess around with it until it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter