If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Road Trip, Mushroom Cloud, and Technology

That pretty much sums up the whole day.

We took a road trip today to visit my brothers and their families. I haven't seen them in a few months and it seemed like a good time. Little did I know that we would run into this, less than 20 miles from home.

What's funny is that my first thought was not "OMG a mushroom cloud!" or "OMG the steam from that factory is being reflected by the force field of that cloaked alien ship!" It was, "How cool is it that I'm able to take a picture of that with my phone, which also has a road map, a knitting counter, my Facebook and email, and it's a phone!"

Haha. Seriously. T summed it up when he said "We are living in the sci fi future of our past selves."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter