If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yarn (Window) Shopping Trip

There are so many new and wonderful yarns out right now. I wish there was time to try them all.



Lion Brand's new yarn is DaVinci. It's a really pretty super bulky yarn with gradual tone changes. It feels very soft and looks very sophisticated. I could definitely see this as a scarf or a hat.


I don't think you'd even want to do more than a simple stitch pattern with it--ribbing or moss stitch or a cable at the very most. The color changes and texture of the yarn is enough.



Speaking of changes...

This is Red Heart Boutique's Changes. It's "Six Different Yarns In One," according to the label. You can see some of the different textures here.

This would make a great wrap, or one of those really deep cowls. I think the different textures would give a wrap a kind of Boho look, very arty.

Comes in a lot of different colors. I like this one, a jewel-tone purple and there's a very deep forest green, too.





And look at this! Another Red Heart Boutique yarn called Swerve. It's got this loopy texture and multi-tonal effect going on. (Well, not on this particular skein, but some color choices are multi-colored.)

You know I'm a fan of these highly textured novelty yarns, especially for scarves. I'm definitely going to have to get some of this to make my own winter scarf. It always makes me laugh--the scarves that garner the most compliments, the ones that non-knitters are absolutely amazed by, are the ones that are the easiest to knit. I think this one is going to be that scarf this year.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter