If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

FO: Advent Ornament #19

Wow. I can't believe I am almost done knitting these ornaments. This is #19 for me. It's Frankie Brown's Advent Garland #11, Basket. Like all the other ornaments, this one was done with scrap yarn and was knit super fast.

Here is the basket, as I was just about finished knitting it. As you can see, it's knit flat and then seamed at the sides once you've cast off. I think it looks pretty like this. This would be a cute scarf pattern, don't you think?

Frankie's pattern calls for ornaments in the basket. And sure, ornaments say "Christmas" to almost everyone. But you know what? In my house, knitting says "Christmas." So I made these little balls (and one skein) of yarn to go in my basket.

The knitting needles are toothpicks with beads on the end. That's not my original trick. I saw a bunch of other people do that and thought it looked good. Here's my original trick: If you pull back the slipcover on the couch, the arm makes a nice little holder while the glue is drying. I also glued the ends of the balls of yarn so they wouldn't unravel.

I put a little poly fiberfil stuffing into the basket to help shape it, then arranged the yarn and "needles" in the basket.

Now, that says Christmas to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter